Monday, August 16, 2010

Mason Jar Love

I've always been a lover of aqua mason jars.  They just remind me of where I'm from (Ohio) and growing up there.  I have posted on them a few times here, here, and how I used them in my own wedding here.

Now I have a huge collection of them and am looking for different ways to use them and incorporate them into my home.  We keep one on our desk for pens and another one for loose change.  I have a window sill lined with vintage jars and bottles in different sizes and colors.  And of course I use them for floral containers, not to mention for drinking my sweet tea.  But how about these two creative uses for mason jars in your home after you've used them in your wedding:

1.  Mason Jar Light fixtures
I found this great DIY mason jar light project on Design*Sponge.  While it isn't the easiest DIY project out there, it is definitely worth the effort.  Check out the full post here.

2.  Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
Found in my current issue of Country Living, this DIY soap dispenser looks like a simple project and cute way to dress up a sink with your hand soap dispenser.

You will need to measure and mark the center of the zinc lid.  Drill a hole about a half inch wide at the center of the lid to fit the width of the soap dispenser pump.  Fill the jar with soap, insert the pump in the hole (trim if needed) and voila, new soap dispenser!


Anyone else have any creative uses for mason jars?


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...