Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole

One of my favorite stories as a child was Alice in Wonderland.  Food and drink that makes you grow big or small, a hookah-smoking caterpillar, a rabbit that is always late, not to mention a cheshire cat (what exactly IS a cheshire cat?), and celebrating un-birthdays...what's not to love!?  So needless to say, I am giddy to an embarrassing degree about the new Tim Burton film adaptation of Alice in Wonderland (out 3/5 in 3D...Hello!!!).  I'm sure it will be a tribute to the "curiouser and curiouser."


In anticipation, I thought an inspiration board would be fun.  I have to admit I started seeing a couple on other blogs after I had decided to make one, but that will not deter my Alice spirit!  


Top Row:  Photo from Vogue shoot by Annie Leibovitz, tarts by Pink of Perfection, Favor flags by Pink Cherry Mama via Poppytalk, Rabbit pillow by Nuka
Middle Row:  Cake photo by Rodney Bailey, invitation by Bird and Banner, mismatched plates via Pretty Little Things and Snippet & Ink, invitation by Ritzy Bee Events
Bottom Row:  Croquet picture via Snippet & Ink, party photo from Plum Party, red banquet photo by Arnhemsmeisje and cards from Martha Stewart Weddings, both via Ritzy Bee

I also love this 2003 Vogue Alice in Wonderland fashion editorial shoot by the incredible Annie Leibovitz.  If this is what happens when you go down the rabbit hole, someone push me!

To see the slideshow at Vogue Online, go here.

UPDATE!
Check out this amazing Alice in Wonderland themed party here at Amy Atlas's blog.  LOVE it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...