Friday, February 19, 2010

Let them eat...cupcakes!

I know, I know, cupcakes in lieu of cake is no longer a revolutionary concept.  But, I still think it is a fantastic idea and fun way to show personality, especially if you LOVE cupcakes like I LOVE cupcakes!

My husband and I had a cupcake tower instead of a cake.  We had a favorite bakery for a couple of years (big shout out to Vanilla Bakeshop!)  and we were lucky enough to get to have that bakery do our cupcake tower and for our venue to waive our cake cutting fee and allow it.  Our guests went nuts over those cupcakes.  Plus we picked our favorite flavors and it was easier to feed to each other during our "cake cutting."  And it allowed us to make adorable signs that told guests what flavor of cupcakes were on which level and cute little flags with our monogram on them.

So for all of you brides out there who are considering cupcakes instead of a traditional cake, I say go for it. They make for yummy treats and great pictures!






Cupcakes and tower design by Vanilla Bakeshop, Signs and flags by Tilde Designs, bird cake toppers by Cotton Bird Designs, and photos by Jennifer Roper
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...