Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pretty pretty paper!

I just had to share a blog post that combines two blogs that I love.  Nole from Oh So Beautiful Paper was the guest blogger yesterday at The Bride's Cafe.  Nole's wedding was a source of inspiration for me when planning my wedding (check it out here...it is absolute perfection), and her blog always features pretty paper, stationery, and invitations, which are some of my favorite things.  Below are Nole's words of wisdom regarding Save the Dates and  photos of the ideas she shared.  To see the full feature on The Bride's Cafe, go here.

From Nole:

1. Set the tone with your Save the Dates. Aside from the invitations themselves, Save the Dates are the first insight that your guests will have into your wedding. Since Save the Dates are usually sent out pretty early in the wedding planning process, chances are most brides and grooms won't have all the details figured out when the Save the Dates are mailed out, but hopefully you have a sense of the style of wedding that you're planning. Here are a few ideas:


Photo by Max Wanger


Photo by Olivia Leigh


Design by Simplesong

I really love all three of these.  How great would the hanky Save the Dates be for a vintage styled wedding or bride, especially for a smaller guest list?  I wish I had thought of it...

The keys are great because you can incorporate them into your wedding in so many different ways...and they just happen to be one of the elements I used throughout my own wedding.

There is something so simple and chic about silhouettes!  They could also be incorporated throughout your wedding.  A great example of that can be found here and here, in a wedding featured on Style Me Pretty.

One other Save the Date idea I absolutely love is another I found on Nole's blog.  I love the initials carved into the tree (maybe I am biased since they are mine and my husband's initials).



I think every bride should send Save the Dates because they are fun and a great way to showcase your style and personality.  Even if your budget is tight, there are lots of places, especially on Etsy, where you can find very affordable Save the Dates.  I got mine from Tilde Designs on Etsy, and not only were they very affordable, but they were lovely!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...