Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Little Line I Love: MK2K

There are the boldface, been-around-for-years fashion names that even my dad knows and, on the other end of the spectrum, the little, lesser-known lines from as-yet-unrecognized designers. Lately, I’ve become a big fan of the latter. While these highly edited collections may not have flagship stores that offer everything from sweat-socks to cell phone charms, they are chock full of the kind of artfully designed, trend-proof pieces I love.

MK2K is my current favorite of this small-in-size, big-on-style genre. Quietly building a following since its launch in 2006, MK2K offers the kind of pieces I wish my whole closet was filled with: layering-friendly knits in interesting shapes and feminine-but-not-too-girly tops and dresses, unusual neutrals and coolly unexpected trims and metallic accents. Not in the know about MK2K yet? Check out their fall line here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...