Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Fashion: Best Dressed Round-Up

While watching the Oscar red carpet arrivals, I was underwhelmed and a little disappointed.  There were only two stand-outs to me, and they are my top two for best dressed.  But the longer I watched and once I got to see some of the gowns on stage and not just on the red carpet, I added to my best dressed list.


My top two best dressed are Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein and Jennifer Lawrence in Francisco Costa for Calvin Klein Collection.  They both are perfection from head to toe.

Here are some other well dressed ladies:

Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott. 
 I loved the gown, but the necklace had to grow on me.  I also loved her soft hair.

Cate Blanchett in Givency Couture.  I know some people would disagree on this one.  
This isn't a gown, it is a work of art.  Only Cate could pull it off and I love it on her.  

Hailee Steinfeld in Marchesa.  
Isn't this how a 14 year-old at the Oscars should look?  She's adorable.

Michelle Williams in Chanel.  
I loved this on her and think it paired well with her style and her hair.

Mila Kunis in Elie Saab Haute Couture.  
I loved the dress and the color, but I did not like the hair.

Reese Witherspoon in Giorgio Armani Prive.  
I loved her hair and accessories almost more than her gown.

Scarlett Johannson in Dolce and Gabbana.  
I liked this one better on stage than on the red carpet.  Also love her haircut and makeup.

And last but certainly not least are two women who I wish I could hate:  Natalie Portman in Rodarte, for making pregnant look so beautiful, and Penelope Cruz in L'Wren Scott, who just had a baby like 3 weeks ago!  I'm more than three months postpartum and I don't look anywhere near that good.  I don't love the dress itself, but she looks amazing.



All photos by AP, Getty Images, and WireImage via JustJared
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...