Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Something Blue

There are so many personal and meaningful ways to do the "Something Old, Something New" tradition in your wedding.  But I have to admit that my favorite is "something blue," which is why I had five somethings blue!

Photos by Jennifer Roper

The hanky was vintage and given to me by my mother.  She clipped special momentos to it to represent my loved ones who weren't at my wedding but with me in spirit (my father's wedding band, and something that belonged to my grandmother and grandfather) and I wrapped it around my bouquet. 

The keys were wedding presents.  The larger key and necklace were my wedding day gift from my husband, and the smaller key was a gift from my brother...and it was a total coincidence that they both happened to give me keys (and I wear them together every day!).  From Tiffany & Co.

The garter was made by Julianne Smith, otherwise known as Garter Girl who makes classy and beautiful garters.  I loved it, and even though I didn't do a garter toss, I think it was fun to know I was wearing one and to have as a keepsake for later. 

The dress label was one of my favorite touches.  It had my name with both my maiden name and my new last name and wedding date, and I had my tailor sew it into my dress under my Melissa Sweet dress label.  It was made for me by etsy seller Dana Marie Creations.

The thong is light blue and is from Hanky Panky, and are the most comfy thongs ever! 

What were/are your somethings blue?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...