Monday, March 8, 2010

Best of the Oscars: My top 10

Though not exactly wedding related, Oscar fashions, accessories, and hair and makeup styles can   definitely inspire wedding trends.  Here are my pics for the best dressed women at the 2010 Oscars:

My favorite by far was Rachel McAdams in this beautiful watercolor gown by Elie Saab.  Her dress, earrings, hair, and makeup were absolute perfection.


Elizabeth Banks' grey gown by Versace was my second favorite look, along with her accessories, hair, and makeup.  Love the headband!


Although I'm not normally a fan of hers, I thought Miley Cyrus looked beautiful in this champagne Jenny Packham gown.  It would make a gorgeous wedding gown as well.


For me, Amanda Seyfried can do no wrong and this time was no different.  This Armani Prive' gown, her hair, makeup, and jewelry were just lovely.

I thought Meryl Streep looked hot in this simple and chic gown by Project Runway alum Chris March!

Cameron Diaz rocked this Oscar de la Renta gown, and her hair looked polished and effortless.  

I love the softness and color of Anna Kendrick's Elie Saab gown.  It also has a vintage feel that I'm drawn to, although I think some color on Anna's lips would have been even better.

I was slower to warm up to this Marchesa gown at first, but I think that the color combined with the beautiful Vera Farmiga wearing it sold it for me.  It is so interesting and is my "couture" pick.

I think this navy Monique Lhullier gown worn by Kristen Stewart was a wonderful departure from all of the golds, nudes, and muted colors we saw on the red carpet.  It was also a nice change to see Kristen Stewart dressed up and looking more like the beautiful girl she is.


Penelope Cruz always looks beautiful and has worn some of my favorite Oscar gowns.  I love this one as well, although it reminds me a little too much of another Oscar favorite, Keira Knightly's Vera Wang gown from 2006 (to be seen on tomorrow's post).

Honorable mentions go to Nicole Richie for her retro Reem Acra gown, Carrie Mulligan in Prada, and Sandra Bullock for looking beautiful even if your dress wasn't my favorite (it was a little too ice dancer for me).

Who topped your best dress list?  Check tomorrow's post for my favorite Oscar dresses of all time!


All images by Getty Images, ImageWire, and AP.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...